One of the founders of AirBNB said that the secret to scaling a business is to first focus on doing the unscalable.
In other words, work “in” your business first so you can truly learn and understand the ins and outs of your operation… down to the nitty gritty details.
We know many are at odds with that approach, but it worked for AirBNB… and it certainly worked for our guest this week, Brian Burke.
In a storied 30+ year career, Brian has acquired over $800M in real estate (in various asset classes), launched 42 Real Estate Funds, and repositioned 4,000+ apartment units.
Yes… he’s now at a stage where he delegates just about everything, but he got to that point by first learning every facet of the real estate investing game from A-Z.
Here’s a sample of what we discuss:
- How Brian bought his first property with no money down.
- When to “hold’em”… and when to “fold’em” (in other words, when you should be buying… when you should be selling.. and when you should be doing nothing!)
- The primary signal that tells him it’s time to sell.
- His latest venture… and where the opportunities are in today’s new economy.
- A peek into his “crystal ball”… and when he thinks it’ll be time to be an aggressive buyer again.
- This is more important than the economic cycle…
- The 2 primary metrics he tracks and pays close attention to…
- The pros and pitfalls of new construction
- What Brian would’ve done differently to scale his business… in 1/3 the time.
- His biggest lessons from his biggest mistake.
- Brian’s 3 keys to success in real estate (or any business for that matter!)
- Much, much more!
More about Brian Burke:
Brian Burke is President / CEO of Praxis Capital Inc, a vertically integrated real estate private equity investment firm. He’s acquired over 800 million dollars’ worth of real estate over a 30-year career including over 4,000 multifamily units and more than 700 single-family homes, with the assistance of proprietary software that he wrote himself. Brian has subdivided land, built homes, and constructed self-storage, but really prefers to reposition existing multifamily properties.
Brian is the author of The Hands-Off Investor: An Insider’s Guide to Investing in Passive Real Estate Syndications, and is a frequent public speaker at real estate conferences and events nationwide.
Thank you for listening!
Who are Bill and Kimmie?
Here’s a quick snippet on who they are (and why you should, or should not, be listening to them)! And if you want a little deeper dive on their history, mindset, and approach to investing, here’s an interview they did titled The Truth: Bill G & Kimmie P EXPOSED!
Invest with Bill and Kimmie
The best way to start the process is to visit our site at GoDreamVest.com, and get familiar with our investment philosophy, approach, and criteria, as well as our track record & experience.
We encourage you to take advantage of all the free resources we make available on the site, and if you feel we’re in alignment, the next step would be to fill out our short investor application (link posted below). We’ll follow up with you once we receive your application, and if there’s a fit, we’ll start notifying you of upcoming investment opportunities.
Ready to get started?
Contact & Follow Bill & Kimmie P
Through their Website
Follow The M.O.R.E. Podcast